Monday 9 April 2012

Reading progress

I have mentioned previously about wanting to use some printed reading material in addition to Reading Eggs. We have started to use this book, which has worked really well so far.




Harry has read the first two stories. We are covering a small amount almost every day as he finds it hard work so around 2-3 pages at a time is enjoyable for us both and then he starts to look for ways to escape and I don't want to make it a chore!


I have also borrowed some longer fiction books from the library for me to read to him, which have been a big hit. We have some of the Shoo Rayner Olympia series and I am delighted that Harry liked this 50 page version of Wind In The Willows, which is one of my absolute favourite books, so I can't wait to read the full one with him. I think we could start now as we easily read the short version in one sitting.





No comments:

Post a Comment