Wednesday 24 September 2014

Shape and classifying maths

We had fun with some hands-on Venn diagrams and sorting this week. I saw this idea on An Ordinary Life blog which I often read. We will do this again as it was easy to prepare different levels of activity for each boy and it can progress to more difficult concepts for both of them.

I gave Peter a simple colour sorting activity with some blocks and Lego bricks. He sorted the colours then built things with the blocks, including making a letter 'o' and an obstacle course for his fingers!





I prepared two Venn diagrams for Harry and gave him a bowl of blocks and bricks too. I didn't tell him what to do and he naturally did exactly what the diagram suggested and sorted the blocks accordingly. He also built some structures afterwards.



No comments:

Post a Comment